Any plans without car but with the kids this weekend ?
The whole weekend
- Bike Brussels is the urban bike fair in Brussels, with animations and demonstrations for the kids. I have the opportunity to offer you free entrance tickets : order them here, using the promo code BBGEZIN19.
- The flea market of the rue de Flandre is worthwhile, if it only is for its great atmosphere. Grab a bite with the kids in the area ? They will love the Chicago.
- Knights, acrobats and minstrels will stroll around the Forest Abbey for the Medieval Fairs. Animations, activities for the kids, a fairground and a medieval market are foreseen. To join the place by bike from the city centre, follow the guide !
- Folklorissimo will animate the Grand Place : puppets, costumes, fanfares,… for enthusiasts, thus, but it shall amuse the kids.
- The Botanique launches Bota Kids : an original cultural morning with a jazz concert for the youngest audience.
- It is the season opening party at La Vénerie, with street theatre, creative family workshops, visits of the Espace Delvaux, concerts, a clown… and a bbq.
- The bakfiets Fête de la Charge is an event for the cargo bikes lovers/interested traditionally hosted at the Place Poelaert.
- The Cyclo atelier organizes a second hand bike sale from 11.00. They even make a technical inspection ! You will really have no excuse for not being equipped for Sunday.
- Aperodroom at See u is a kids-friendly Open Air in the former barrack Fritz Toussaint, with a guinguette, velodroom, games, music, food & drinks. What else.
Brussels organizes its traditional Car Free Sunday. From 9:30 am till 7 pm, car traffic is not allowed in the city (except if you have a special pass). Here is a selection of family activities :
- Bruxelles Champêtre invades the Parc Royal and the Place des Palais. Next to the bio and local products which are presented, several animations, games and workshops for the kids are foreseen!
- Bronks, the Flemish theatre for young audiences, celebrates as usual the opening of the new season, installs its terrace and proposes fun activities for the kids and a nice bar for their parents. A bit further De Markten at Sainte Catherine organizes some family animations in its courtyard.
- The Festival Embarquement Immédiat in the Quartier Maritime, next to Tour & Taxis, foresees a culinary village, street art performances, concerts, animations for the kids…
- For the Fête du sport, around 50 different sports will be presented and can be tested at the Jubilee Park. There will also be a children village !
- At the Mobilmix Village Place De Brouckère you can brunch street food, workshops and kids-friendly activities and info stands are organized around mobility. On the Place Sainctelette Kidz on wheelz organizes demos and bike animations for the kids. Check out the Mobilmix programme, every commune has its own village.
- The BOOM! is a creative initiative to meet local actors of a sustainable economy with workshops and animations for families.
- In the Marolles the CC Bruegel organizes a family day with short films and a theater show for the kids.
- It is the last edition of the beau vélo de Ravel this year. A 26km tour starts from the Atomium. Several activities are also foreseen fo the kids.
- A vintage market will take place in the Châtelain area for the Châtelain sous oxygène. The market will be animated by lots of activities for all ages.
- The Théâtre National organizes a Kids Brunch, after which the kids continue their fun activities supervised by the workshop team and the parents are free to enjoy the performance of La Mémoire des arbres.
So, did you make up your mind ?